This Bureau Veritas report provides a summary of the California Proposition 65 60-Day Notices in Q3 2021. This report includes the enforcement trends and the most targeted products and chemicals.
• The highest amount of notices by product category was for food and herbal supplements, which accounted for 41% of all 60 Day Notices. Of those notices: 179 were for lead, 89 for acrylamide, 14 for arsenic, 13 for cadmium, 3 for furan, 2 for mercury, 1 for carbaryl, and 45 for two or more chemicals.
• Bags, cases, etc. accounted for 19% of all notices this quarter. Of those, the majority were for one or more phthalates, however, 9 were for Bisphenol A (BPA), and 2 were for lead.
• A new category for BPA Notices issued this quarter was Bisphenol A (BPA) in socks. See BV Bulletin 21B-100 for details.
• 41% of notices were for phthalates: 244 were for DEHP, 45 for DINP, 24 for DIDP, 13 for DBP and 14 for two or more phthalates. The notices covered a wide range of products.
• 36% of notices were for metals: 224 for lead, 13 for cadmium, 8 for arsenic, 2 for mercury and 50 for two or more metals
Bureau Veritas, 4 November 2021