We invite you to try our new search experience for the Australian Inventory of Industrial Chemicals (Inventory).
- Table view – up to 50 results are displayed per page with each ‘Inventory terms of listing’ shown in columns
- Column sorting – sort any column in ascending or descending order (one column at a time only)
- Broader search – you can now also search other Inventory fields such as molecular formula, ‘defined scope of assessment’, ‘conditions of introduction and use’ and ‘specific information requirements’
- ‘Begins with’ search – if you type in a few characters, it will find any matches beginning with those characters
- Wildcard search – this advanced search lets you use asterisks (*) to find words that start with or end with particular characters, or contain a set of characters
- More targeted results for chemical name searches – if you enter the exact CAS name of a chemical that’s on the Inventory, you will get a single result
- ‘Download the Inventory’ button – a quick link to download a snapshot of the Inventory (important: the downloadable version of the Inventory is updated around twice per year, so it’s not current and is not the official complete Inventory)
- Chemical record number or ‘CR No.’ is a unique number that AICIS assigns to each listing on the Inventory. You need to click the ‘CR No.’ link to see the chemical’s Inventory listing details.
Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme, 28-04-22